Strength. Wisdom. Clarity. For all families.
Mary R. Likos
Mary brings integrity, compassion, and analytical prowess to her practice of law, serving as an empathetic, yet practical guide to her clients. She understands the depth and weight of their family law matters, forms fact-based arguments rooted in legal analysis, and dispenses wisdom well beyond her years in presenting solutions to their family law challenges.
Her clients don't just view her as their attorney. Mary is a trusted advocate who will protect her client’s and their children’s well being
while helping them envision a new future for their family. She is described as being direct, candid, approachable, and funny, an excellent combination that helps her clients feel welcomed, included, and confident in working with Mary.
Although she has a depth of litigation experience, she strives to reach solutions through settlement and, to that end, is trained in mediation and interest-based negotiation skills. Mary believes that parties are often best served through compromise, conflict reduction, and a close focus on achieving optimal outcomes for children whose families are being restructured.
She has represented clients in all aspects of their family law challenges, with particular strength in the areas of child custody, child support, alimony, and financial analysis. She is court-approved child counsel in Montgomery County and serves as a Best Interest Attorney (BIA), Child Privilege Attorney, and Child Advocate, to represent children's interests during their parents' custody disputes.
Mary worked in family law before becoming an attorney, tackling challenging case issues from the very beginning of her career and practicing side-by-side with seasoned practitioners. Mary has worked closely with partners Meg McKinney and Joe Figini long term and shares their principled philosophy and approach to helping families. This experience and collaboration serves her own practice and the outcomes she achieves for her clients.
Mary is a 2016 graduate of the David A. Clarke School of Law and is a member of the Maryland and District of Columbia Bars.
- David A Clarke School of Law - 2016
- College of Charleston - 2007
- District of Columbia
- Family Law Community, D.C. Bar
- Family Law Section, Montgomery Co. and MSBA
- D.C. Pro Bono Center - Attorney Mentor
- American Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- 40 Hour Mediation and Interest-Based Negotiation Skills Training, Oct. – Nov. 2022
- BAMC Family Law Section – Tracing Non-Marital Claims - Sept. 2022
- Best Interest Attorney Training - April 2022
- BAMC - Selected Tax Issues in Divorce – Nov. 2020
- BAMC - Family Law Update – June 2020
- Domestic Violence Litigation Before & After the Covid-19 Court Closure – May 2020